So the weather is warming up (finally) and most people are starting to look at shedding their winter coat or getting more healthy for summer. What ever the reason we say good on you. As Dietitians we are often lucky enough to cook for our friends and we know my girlfriends love it when we cook this one so we thought we'd share this favourite with you all.
Keep an eye on our Imma Foodie tab as we will be uploading new recipes each week!!!
Moroccan Lamb Salad
1 length of Lamb Backstrap
1 tsp Moroccan seasoning
1 ½ cups of Fresh peas, podded
1 Spanish onion, thinly sliced
100g fetta (Lemons reduced fat works well)
¼ cup Mint, shredded
120g, Rocket rinsed
3 Lemons, juice of
100ml Olive oil
- Season lamb with Moroccan seasoning buy rubbing into both sides. Heat pan. Boil water in saucepan
- Place Lamb in hot pan, leave for 2-3 mins flipping 3 times, place aside when cooked.
- Whilst Lamb is cooking place peas in boiling water, blanch until bright green, strain and rinse with cold water to stop cooking. Transfer to salad bowl along with rocket, onion, feta and mint.
- Combine oil and lemon juice in container (We use an old coffee jar so we can shake it). Poor over salad and toss.
- Serve up salad, slice lamb thinly and enjoy!