Now to be honest it's not as good as our grandmas fruit trifle (mmm custard, cream & sponge..) but it is definitely a best dessert contender for anyone that has a sweet tooth but has a bikini body to consider. We made these up for our last group dinner and they went done a treat (no pun intended) and considering they have the same amount of calories as a banana we say its a definite win!!
2x 200g tubs of French vanilla/cheesecake flavour yoghurt (we use Yoplait for me: lowest calorie)
2 wafers peanut snaps crushed (these are found in the health food section)
1 packet of sugafree raspberry jelly
1 punnet of strawberries sliced
1 banana sliced
- - Make jelly and leave in the fridge to set.
- - When set mix up with fork then spoon into bottom of glass (we used picinic wine glasses… no washing up)
- - Add a layer of banana
- - Place sliced strawberries in alternating triangle directions around edge of glass
- - Add a layer of yoghurt, then banana, then peanuts until top of glass is reached
- - Slice strawberry and fan on top! Enjoy.
! Per serving
54% Vitamin C RDI
29% Riboflavin RDI