With choc brownies being the perfect comfort food we set out to make it just a little healthier and created this recipe.
Reasons we love it:
- It uses ingredients you already have so you can whip it up as a quick dessert for a dinner with friends or just as a last minute meal prep for the week.
- Stays nice and moist (yup, we used that word) so it keeps well over the coming days (if it lasts that long)
- Is only 60 calories (!!!!!!!!!!!) per serve. No lies and its a decent square not a mouthful.
- Can be as low as 37 calories per serve if you use stevia. Personally we're not a fan. Look at the ingredients and let us know if you can pronounce them.
- Its gluten free as the binding carbohydrate is from oats instead of plain flour. This also ups the fibre content.
- It's nut free so its school/workplace friendly. Although you can throw some pecans in if you're just a little nutty.
- And its a one bowl recipe. All you need is a food processor or blender so its fool proof.
- ITs delicious its the right amount of chocy-sweet that you're satisfied but not that you can't stop and you eat the entire dish.
- It's got our friends and families seal of approval. TRIED AND TESTED.
for a video recipe see our instagram
1/2 cup rolled oats
1/2 cup raw cocoa
1/2 cup brown sugar (can also us stevia)
3/4 cup natural Greek yoghurt
1/4 cup milk
1tsp baking powder
pinch of salt
- Pre-heat oven at 200°c
- Grease and line tray with baking paper. We use a 6"4". Combine dry ingredients in food processor/blender.
- Add wet ingredients and blend till well combined and smooth.
- Pour into tray, cook in oven for 15 minutes or until knife comes out clean.
- Cut into 15 its 60 cal per serve. If Stevie is used 37 calories per serve but we personally don't like highly artificial processed compounds.
1/4 cup Dark choc chips (88cal)
1/4 cup Pecans or walnuts (130cal)